The Garden was founded in Alice Springs in 1956 by Miss Olive Muriel Pink as the Australian arid regions flora reserve. Today we carry on this tradition as an arid zone Botanic Garden specialising in flora from Australia's vast interior.
The Olive Pink Botanic Garden was opened to the public in 1985 and there are now over 600 central Australian plants represented in the garden, 145 of these occur naturally within the rocky hill habitat. There are 40 rare or threatened species present.
Regular working bees
Site maintenance including watering revegetation during the dry season, mulching of trees and shrubs, weeding and cutting of grass and other fire prevention methods
Fundraising activities such as trivia nights
Annual community tree planting days
Community education and interpretive displays
Olive Pink Botanic Garden
Olive Pink Botanic Garden is a 16-hectare botanic garden in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory of Australia, specialising in plants native to the arid central Australian region.
Olive Pink Botanic Garden is located close to the Alice Springs Central Business District at Tuncks Road,on the eastern bank of the (mostly dry) Todd River, and it is within walking distance from town. It is open to the public seven days a week, 8am – 6pm.